Historic Pictures Around Cromer
From fishermen to kings, to bathing belles and postcards, Cromer Artspace and Cromer Museum are showing a selection from the museum image archive around town in 2024, thanks to funding from The National Lottery Heritage Fund.
Cromer Artspace and Cromer Museum are working with 6 Cromer based community groups to produce 12 Heritage Spaces around the walls of Cromer, each featuring images from the museum‘s archives.
The community groups involved represent a diverse range of people from Cromer to help curate this exhibition.
- About with Friends provide a service for children, young people and adults with learning disabilities and difficulties.
- Young people from North Norfolk, an informal group bringing young ideas to the project
- Cromer Junior School for boys and girls aged from 7 to 11
- Friends of Cromer Museum, supporters of the museum who arrange talks, visits and fund-raising events – good fun, and generating funds
- Merchants’ Place
- CoraCora Art Workshops are aimed at anyone wishing to engage with their creative side
- North Norfolk Writers Group
- Queer Norfolk a volunteer project to hand ownership of queer collections back to communities and empower people to access, discover, and contribute to collections that reflect their shared histories
Cromer Library Story Walk Bags
Come and borrow one of Cromer Library’s Story Walk bags; follow the Heritage Space history trail around Cromer, learn about the town’s history and read our lovely books together. We have stories and information books, along with the trail and map – all ready to go in a rucksack for a fun-filled family adventure.
About The National Lottery Heritage Fund
As the largest dedicated funder of the UK’s heritage, The National Lottery Heritage Fund’s vision is for heritage to be valued, cared for and sustained for everyone, now and in the future as set out in our strategic plan, Heritage 2033.
Over the next ten years, we aim to invest £3.6billion raised for good causes by National Lottery players to bring about benefits for people, places and the natural environment. We help protect, transform and share the things from the past that people care about, from popular museums and historic places, our natural environment and fragile species, to the languages and cultural traditions that celebrate who we are.
We are passionate about heritage and committed to driving innovation and collaboration to make a positive difference to people’s lives today, while leaving a lasting legacy for future generations to enjoy.
Follow @HeritageFundUK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and use #NationalLotteryHeritageFund