Information for artists interested in showing at Cromer Artspace on the Prom
Artspace on the Prom will contribute to the overall aims of Cromer Artspace. We hope to help to create a town transformed by culture, in which the creativity of everyone is valued and given a chance to flourish and where everyone has access to high quality cultural experiences.
We plan to bring people together for excitement, inspiration and enrichment, leading to happier and healthier lives.
Cromer Artspace on the Prom aims to engage and empower our community through the arts by highlighting the creative, cultural and historic diversity of our region and beyond and by providing opportunities for creative development. Its particular focus is on high quality contemporary art.
Artspace on the Prom
In 2024 Artspace on the Prom will be open from March to November. Work is planned on the roof, which may enable us to be open for a longer season from 2025. Artspace on the Prom is open daily from 11am to 4pm, except for those Tuesdays and Wednesdays between exhibitions, when the space is closed for hanging. Admission to the gallery is free. The 2024 exhibition programme is now finalised.
Hiring the Space for 2025
- Artists can hire the space for two week exhibitions (open Thursday one week to Monday 12 days on, with changeover Tuesday/Wednesday). Fees for 2025 will be £300 for the 12 days. We charge no commission.
- It is also possible to hire the space for a longer or shorter time.
- We are happy to receive applications from artists seeking grant funding for their exhibition and will aim to support them in this process.
- We expect artists to invigilate, but we can provide some assistance from our team of volunteers. It is essential that the gallery is open every day.
- Artists need to provide their own insurance for their work, but Cromer Artspace has appropriate public liability insurance.
- We ask artists to give a talk about their work one afternoon and artists may choose to have a Private View on any day during their exhibition after 4pm
- Cromer Artspace will provide publicity through their website, social media, leaflets and a monthly newsletter. We encourage artists to add to this with their own publicity.
- We are also keen to discuss possibilities for talks, workshops, community engagement projects etc
- We have already some received expressions of interest for 2025.
The Selection Process
Our selection panel will meet in October 2024 to finalise the programme for 2025. The selection panel for 2024 consists of Carl Rowe, Craig Barber, Ruth Brumby and Sheila Robinson.
The panel will aim to:
- Maintain a balance of content throughout the year
- Include solo and group shows
- Include works, when possible, from national and international artists
- Enable emerging artists and those with less access to opportunities
- Ensure that work is in keeping with Cromer Artspace policies and ethos.
We invite you to come to see the space and to discuss your proposal with a member of the team. Please contact us to make an appointment. We will also do our best to answer any questions you may have if you email.
How to apply
Your submission needs to be sent to email@example.com by the end of September 2024. We are happy to receive submissions during the year and will store them for consideration in the Autumn.
- Up to three good quality images, with dimensions and information on media used.
- Website/social media details
- Brief cv
- Artist’s statement, including why this work would be appropriate for this space.
- Preferred dates
- Any special requirements
If you are selected, we will let you know in October and will arrange to meet you to discuss all the finer details. We will need full details for the brochure by January 2025.
NOTE ON ACCESS: We are delighted to have received grant funding, so that we have been able to install a ramp to improve access. If you have any specific issues that may need other solutions please let us know. We will do our best!
The are images of some previous exhibitions on our exhibition archive: cromer-artspace.uk/…/exhibition-archive